School discipline means a system consisting code of conduct, punishment and behavioral strategies to regulate students and keep school and classroom in order. The aim of classroom management and discipline is controlling students’ actions, habits, attitude and behavior in the classroom. An obedient students follow the code of conduct imposed by school administration. These rules may include social behavior, school timings and uniform etc. In other term it is the punishment as a result of breaking the prevailing code of conduct in the school.
This world has been derived from the Latin Word “Disciple” which means followers and pupil. It is the incidental product of everything that happens in the culture have school teachers student. Positive discipline in schools involves the maintenance of a climate that is highly conducive to both immediate and future learning.
The oxford dictionary gives a list of six meaning relevant to this essayl.
- The first one is that discipline is “Instruction” impacted to discipline or scholar. It is a clear reflection of the common view that disciples are made by impacting information.
- The second meaning is at branch of instruction or education.
- The third dictionary meaning is instruction having for its aim to form pupil to people conduct and action. The learning of scholars or subordinates to proper and orderly action by instructing them in the scene.
- The fourth meaning is “the orderly conduct and action which result from learning”.
- The fifth dictionary definition is the order maintained and observed among pupils.
- Its sixth definition is the correction chastisement punishment inflicted by way of correction.
To make the teaching learning process effective the whole environment of the classroom should be conducive, favorable. In other words, it means Teaching children appropriate behavior goals or the ways to deal then with certain limitation or boundaries so, in short perform every task within the limits of the institution, school country. It is not a punishment system that leads to liners to make one life successful. Restrictions of movements, constant reminders to stay in your seats. Removal of other recess privileges as a means of punishment. All can lead to increased irritability among the pupils.